Jim was educated as an accountant but always worked in the Real Estate business as a contractor, salesman, and appraiser.
For five generations the Fox Family has found the new markets in the Virginia Blue Ridge in the 1800s, the New Jersey Shore in the early 1900s, the Pocono Mountains in the 1960s, Southwest Florida in the early 1970s, and the North Georgia Mountains in the 1980s. Some of the more adventurous members of each generation went forth from their family home in the "fast growing, established real estate market" to find their own home and new opportunities in the next "quiet, nice place to live" before the "next" place became popular.
Jim and his wife of 27 years, Pam, spent the better part of a year visiting thirty-eight states before deciding to make Ellijay, Georgia the place to raise their family in 1985. It was a good choice then... It's a good choice now.
If you are looking for Real Estate in the Ellijay / Gilmer County, North / Georgia Mountain Area, consider contacting us.
- Certified Real Estate Appraiser / Real Estate Broker
- Ellijay, Georgia, 1986-Present — Full-time since 1991, I now operate my own real estate appraisal and brokerage company and am responsible for all field work, analysis, and reconciliation of relevant data for residential and commercial real estate appraisals and sales.
- Sales Manager - Building Supply Company
- Ellijay, Georgia, 1985-1992 — In addition to sales-related duties, I was responsible for estimating the value of residential and commercial building projects for contractors and assisting them with obtaining construction loans at local banks.
- President - Real Estate Leasing and Construction Company
- Naples, Florida, 1978-1984 — Appraised real estate in conjunction with the development and construction of residential, commercial and industrial construction projects in the South Florida area.
- 1979 Bachelor of Science, Accounting
- Florida State University - Tallahassee, Florida
- 1977 Associate of Arts, Business Administration
- Edison Community College - Fort Myers, Florida
- Certified General Contractor
- Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board, 1979
- Aircraft Pilot / Single Engine - Land
- Federal Aviation Administration, 1981
- Real Estate Broker
- Georgia Real Estate Commission, 1986
- Certified Real Estate Appraiser
- Georgia Real Estate Appraisers Board, 1991
- Leadership Gilmer 2002
- Inaugural Class Sponsored by the Gilmer County Chamber of Commerce
- Judicial Land Partion Committee
- Superior Court Gilmer County, Georgia, 2001-Present
- Chairman - Board of Tax Assessors
- Gilmer County, Georgia, 1992-1993
- Advalorem Property Tax Board of Equalization
- Gilmer County, Georgia, 1993-1996
- Chairman of Gilmer 2000 Land Use Committee
- University of Georgia Extension Service, 1986
- President - Board of Trustees
- Walnut Mountain Property Owners Association, 1989-1994
- Director - Contractors Association of Collier County
- Chairman of Building Code Revision Committee - Naples, Florida, 1981-1984